21. Thacker here.
22. Carter here sir, reporting.
23. Yes, Carter?
24. Temple has just left his wife’s apartment.
25. Excellent! So where is he now?
26. I don’t know sir.
27. You mean you’ve lost him?
28. Well, no, I haven’t exactly found him yet, sir.
29. Look, I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about, Carter.
30. When you have something to tell me, get in touch. Till then, don’t bother me.
31. So far, so good! No one’s seen me yet!
32. Hugo’s going t be really surprised when he sees me. Here we are: third floor.
33. No one’s coming out of any of the apartments. OK, apartment3A-
34. Got you, you bastard!
35. Oh, my god! I’m out of here!
36. Help! Help!
37. Are you alright, Mrs. Hancock?
38. Yes, I think so.
39. What on earth happened?
40. Someone just rang my doorbell.
41. When I opened the door there was this awful looking man,
42. With very short hair, and a horrible angry look on his face!
43. And then what happened?
44. I shouted, and he ran down the stairs.
45. Let me have a look out of the window.
46. My god! It looks like –it can’t be-Roger Temple!
47. You don’t know him, do you?
48. No no, of course not. He just looks like someone I once knew, that’s all.
49. Now, don’t worry about a thing, Mrs. Hancock. I’ll call the police, and look after all that.
50. Why don’t you just take it easy? Have a glass of hot milk, and get a good night sleep.
51. But will the police want to talk to me?
52. I’ll tell them you’re very tired. You’ve had a very unpleasant surprise. Goodnight, Mrs.Hancock!
53. Thank you so much, Mr.Peters. You’re awfully kind!
54. That’s quite all right.
55. We’re going to have to move fast?
56. Hello? Peter Moran speaking.
57. Thank god you’re there, Peter! Do you know what’s just happened? I’ve seen Roger Temple! He came here looking for me!
58. I know.
59. What do you mean: you know?
60. Temple escaped from prison yesterday; obviously you were one of the people he wanted to see.
61. Why didn’t you tell me?
62. It was in the papers, Hugo! Didn’t you see it? Anyway, you never know who else is listening to your phone.
63. Well, he didn’t see me, anyway. I’m glad t say he went to my old apartment.
64. What the hell is that?
65. I expect it’s Harry Carter. He’s 20 minutes too late, as usually.
66. Nothing to worry about there. What are we going to do about temple?
67. What do you mean? What are we going to do? Temple is your problem, Hugo.
68. You gave him the job, and you told the police about him.
69. Do you mean you’re not going to help me?
70. That’s right, Hugo. You’re on your own!