1. Government reports, exmaination compositions, legal documents
and most business letters are the main situations which formal ___1___
language is used.
2. A survey was carried out on the death rate of new born babies
in that region, which results were surprising. ___2___
3. In spite of which has recently been done to improve the conditions ___3___
of elementary schools a great number of children are still unable
to go to school.
4. It was not until the accident happened when I became aware of ___4___
5. How abundant certain natural resources may be, they cannot ___5___
reproduce themselves and are bound to be used up ultimately.
6. The news which he will take over his father’s business does not ___6___
surprise us at all.
7. Nutritionists believe what diet affects how one feels physically ___7___
8. The purpose of new technologies is to make life easier，not make ___8___
it more difficult．
9. We’ve installed two air-conditioners in our apartment, that should ___9___
make great differences in our life next summer.
10. On Saturday afternoon, Mrs Green went to the market, buying ___10___
some bananas and visited her cousin．
11.After three days’ waiting, there was a little doubt in the
mother’s mind that the police could find her lost child. ___11___
12. It is the ability to do the job which matters ,not where you come ___12___
from or what you are.
13. Agriculture was a step in human progress to that subsequently ___13___
there was not anything comparable until our own mahine age.
14. We often take it for granted much of our world has been exposed ___14___
and explained by science.
15. Which is annouced in today’s newspaper, the Shanghai Export ___15___
Commodities Fair is also open on Sunday.
1. which -> where或which前加in
situation在后面从句formal language is used作状语。本句的意思是：政府报告、考试作文、法律文件和大多数商贸信函都用正是语言。
2. which -> whose
3. which -> what
what 引导名词性从句作in spite of 的宾语，整个介词结构作状语。意思是：尽管最近为提高小学教育条件作了些事，但仍然有很多孩子无法上学。
4. when -> that
这里是it is…that…的强调句型。无论强调句子的什么成分，如时间状语、地点状语等，都只用that引出句子的其他部分，而不用when、where和which；在强调人时还可以用who (whom)。
5. How -> However
6. which-> that
7. what -> that或what -> /
此处的that引导的是一个宾语从句，不做任何成分，也可以省略。what 在引导名词性从句时，在从句中作一定的成分（宾语，主语），例如：I don't agree with what you said，这里what作said的宾语，整个名词性从句 what you said作agree with的宾语。
否定词not在此处起并列作用，连接两个to make．．．，to make．．．形成平行结构，to make．．．，to make．．．在句中作表语。
9. that -> which
10. buying -> bought
11. that -> whether
12. which -> that
13. that -> which
take …for granted意为“认为…理所当然”，是固定搭配。此处的 it .是形式宾语，真正的宾语是后面的从句, 所以要加上that。
15.Which -> AS