During recent years we have heard much about “race”: how this race does certain things and that race believes certain things and so on. Yet, the __61__ phenomenon of race consists of a few surface indications.
We judge race usually __62__ the colouring of the skin: a white race, a brown race, a yellow race and a black race. But __63__ you were to remove the skin you could not __64__ anything about the race to which the individual belonged. There is __65__ in physical structure, the brain or the internal organs to __66__ a difference.
There are four types of blood. __67__ types are found in every race, and no type is distinct to any race. Human brains are the __68__. No scientists could examine a brain and tell you the race to which the individual belonged. Brains will __69__ in size, but this occurs within every race. __70__ does size have anything to do with intelligence. The largest brain __71__ examined belonged to a person of weak __72__. On the other hand, some of our most distinguished, people have had __73__ brains.
Mental tests which are reasonably __74__ show no differences in intelligence between races. High and low test results both can be recorded by different members of any race. __75__ equal educational advantages, there will be no difference in average standings, either on account of race or geographical location.
Individuals of every race __76__ civilization to go backward or forward. Training and education can change the response of a group of people __77__ enable them to behave in a __78__ way.
The behavior and ideals of people change according to circumstances, but they can always go back or go on to something new __79__ is better and higher than anything __80__ the past.
61. A) complete B) full C) total D) whole
62. A) in B) from C) at D) on
63. A) since B) if C) as D) while
64. A) speak B) talk C) tell D) mention
65. A) something B) everything C) nothing D) anything
66. A) display B) indicate C) demonstrate D) appear
67. A) All B) Most C) No D) Some
68. A) same B) identical C) similar D) alike
69. A) remain B) increase C) decrease D) vary
70. A) Only B) Or C) Nor D) So
71. A) ever B) then C) never D) once
72. A) health B) body C) mind D) thought
73. A) big B) small C) minor D) major
74. A) true B) exact C) certain D) accurate
75. A) Provided B) Concerning C) Given D) Following
76. A) make B) cause C) move D) turn
77. A) and B) but C) though D) so
78. A) ordinary B) peculiar C) usual D) common
79. A) that B) what C) whichever D) whatever
80. A) for B) to C) within D) in
参考答案 D B B C C B A A D C A C B D C B A B A D