10. Walter offered us a lift when he was leaving the office, but our work _A_, we declined the offer. [declined v. 婉言谢绝]
A not being finished B not having finished
C had not been finished D was not finished
42. A survey was carrie3d out on the death rate of new-born babies in that region, _D_ were surprising. [survey 调查]
A as results B which results C the results of it D the results of which
51. All flights _D_ because of the snowstorm, many passengers could no nothing but take the train. [having been canceled这里是独立主格作原因状语]
A had been canceled B have been canceled
C were canceled D having been canceled
46. _A_ the calculation is right scientists can never be sure that they have included all variables and modeled them accurately. [variable n. 变项，变量；model vt. 建模]
A Even if B As far as C If only D So long as
even if 即使，即便；so long as （后面加句子时）只要。
47. My train arrives in New York at eight o'clock tonight. The plane I would like to take from there _B_ by then.
A would leave B will have left C has left D had left
将来时：will have + 动词分词。
49. Harry was _A_ by a bee when he was collecting the honey.
A stung B stuck C bitten D scratched
sting v. （蜜蜂）叮，蛰；bite v. （蚊子等）咬；scratch vt. 抓伤，划破（通常指猫抓人）。
once bitten, twice shy. 一朝被蛇咬，十年怕井绳。
50. The thief tried to open the locked door but _B_.
A in no way B in vain C without effect D at a loss
in vain 徒劳，白费工夫；But很少与介词without联用；at a loss 不知所措。
52. _B_ seeing the damage he had done, the child felt ashamed.
A By B On C At D For
54. Research findings show we spend about two hours dreaming every night, no matter what we _C_ during the day.
A should have done B would have done C may have done D must have done
should have + 动词分词，表示本应该做；may have + 动词分词，表示做过；
与事实相反的虚拟语气主句谓语动词的表达用到：would have + 动词分词。
must have + 动词分词，表示对肯定推测。表示做过；
can't have + 动词分词，表示对否定推测，表示不做过。
56. This crop does not do well in soils[土壤] _B_ the one for which it has been specially developed.
A outside B other than C beyond D rather than
outside prep. 在…外边；rather than 而（肯定前者，否定后者）。
beyond prep. 超出…的范围；beyond his wildest dreams 超出他最狂野的梦想。
other than 不同于，而非，当它与否定词no或not在同句子中时表示“除…之外”。
66. In no country _A_?xml:namespace>Britain, it has been said, can on experience four seasons in the course of a single day.
A other than B more than C better than D rather than
63. My father seemed to be in no _A_ to look at my school report.
A mood B emotion C attitude D feeling
be in no moodto do/doingsth. 情绪（心情）做事情。
67. I'm sorry I can't see you immediately; but if you'd like to take a seat, I'll be with you _B_. [in a moment 马上，立即（它状语时与将来时态搭配）= in an instant.]
A for a moment B in a moment C for the moment D at the moment
68. The trumpet player was certainly loud. But I wasn'tbothered by his loudness _D_ by his lack of talent. [trumpet 小号]
A than B more than C as D so much as
当否定词not与so much as在同一句子中时，它们的含义是：与其说…不如说…
70. Our journey was slow because the train stopped _D_ at different villages.
A unceasingly B gradually C continuously D continually
unceasingly adv. 不停止地，不休止地；gradually adv. 逐渐地，地；= step by step.
continuously adv. 连续地；continually adv. 时断时续地。
43. Frankfurt,Germany, is in one of the most _A_ populated regions of Western Europe.
A densely B vastly C enormously D largely
densely populated 人口分布稠密；sparsely populated 人口分布稀疏。
52. _D_ of the two books holds the opinion that the danger of nuclear war is increasing.
A None B Either C Both D Neither
55. Beethoven is my favorite musician. I regard him as _A_ other musicians.
A superior to B more superior than C more superior to D superior than
58. She is a very _D_ secretary: she never forgets anything or makes a mistake.
A anxious B effective C adequate D efficient
anxious adj. 忧虑的，焦虑的；anxiety n. 焦虑，忧虑；effective adj. 的；
take effective measures 的措施；adequate adj. 充足的，足够的；= surficient.
efficient adj. 高的，能胜任的。
64. The computer has brought about surprising technological changes _B_ we organize and produce information.
A in a way B in the way C in that way D in no way
in the way 引导句子时表示“在...”。
170. Please move this chair, it is _A_.
A in the way B on the way C in a way D by the way
in the way在引导句子时表示“挡路的，妨碍某人的”。
67. InAustraliathe Asiansmaketheir influence _C_ in businesses large and small.
A feeling B feel C felt D to be felt
考试中常见的几个使役动词：make, get, keep, leave.
考试中的：使役动词+ sb.(sth.) + ___ 此时空格处应填分词
41. He came back late, _B_ which time all the guests had already left.
A after B by C at D during
45. His remarksleftme _D_ about his real purpose.
A wondered B wonder C to wonder D wondering
49. Although they plant trees in this area every year, the tops of some hills are still _D_.
A blank B hollow C vacant D bare
blank adj. 空白的（没写字而空白）；hollow adj. 空心的，中空的；
bare adj. 光突突的（山上树和草）；没带首饰的；bald adj. 秃顶的。
50. Being a pop star can be quite a hard life, with a lot of travelling _D_heavy schedules.
A with regard to B as to C in relation to D owing to
owning to = due to 。
52. William Penn, the founder of Pennsylvania, _C_ defended the right of every citizen to freedom of choice in religion.
A peculiarly B indifferently C vigorously D inevitably
peculiar adj. 奇特的；indifferently adv. 冷漠地，不地；
vigorously adv. 强的，强劲的；inevitably adv. 不可地，地。
60. We have been told that under no circumstances _A_ the telephone in the office for personal affairs.
A may we use B we may use C we could use D did we use
61. In previous times, then fresh meat was in short _D_, pigeons were kept by many households as a source of food. [in short supply 供应]
A store B provision C reserve D supply
in previous times 从前；fresh water 淡水；fresh meat 鲜肉；dove n. 鸽子；
bean curd 豆腐；Bible 圣经；bible 权威性的书；God 上帝；god 神。
   下一页