Due Attention Should Be Given to the Study of Chinese
Along with the step of globalization, most students’ attention has shifted from Chinese to foreign cultures. Such a shift brought on great worries among people because it is not good for the development of Chinese culture.
There may be several reasons account for why this phenomenon could happen. First and foremost, the globalization greatly stimulated the spread of foreign cultures, which in turn stirred great interest among Chinese students; second, college students are, to some extent, forced to study certain foreign languages so as to pass exams or find good jobs so that they could not spare any time to study Chinese; last but not least, schools have no strict demand on students’ Chinese standard. No doubt, neglecting the study of Chinese will ultimately hold back the development of Chinese culture, and Chinese people may lose their cultural identity in such a competitive world.
In order change this situation and save our identity, due attention should be given to the study of Chinese. To begin with, government should put great efforts on the development of Chinese culture to make more people proud of it; besides, colleges and universities should make exams more balanced, not simply emphasizing the importance of foreign languages; finally, schools should also attach great importance to the study of Chinese, making it a compulsory curriculum. Through these efforts, I think, chances of changing this phenomenon are prosperous.
Part II Reading Comprehension (Skimming and Scanning)
1. C --- Her daughter’s repeated complaints
2. B --- people haven’t yet reached agreement on it’s definition
3. A --- can realize what is important in life
4. D --- it seriously affected family relationship
5. A --- depressed
6. C --- his family had intervened （）
7. B --- curb his desire for online gaming
8. has an Internet Addiction
9. for professional help
10. online dating
Part III Listening Comprehension
11. C. He cannot get access to the assigned book.
12. A. She will drive the man to the supermarket.
13. C. Tidy up the place.
14. A. The talks can be held any day except this Friday.
15. A. He understand the woman’s feelings.
16. D. She has to invite David to the party.
17. C. Many students find Prof. Johnson’s lectures boring.
18. D. Assemble a computer.
19. B. It requires him to apply theory to patience.
20. D. It demands physical endurance and patience.
21. D. In a hotel.
22. B. Paying attention to every detail.
23. A. The pocket money British children get.
24. C. It often rises higher than inflation.
25. B. Pay for small personal things.
26．A Direct mangers.
27．D The important part played by direct mangers.
28．B Fifty percent of them were female.
29．B He was not gender sensitive.
30．C Aask to see the manger politely but firmly.
31．D You can't tell how the person on the line is reacting.
32．D Stick to the point.
34．A Do some volunteer job
35．C A baby-sitter is no replacement for a mother.
36. curious 37. figuring 38. independent 39. unusual
40. interacting 41. formal 42. abstract 43. mystery
44. and he has found how it works and learnt to use it appropriately
45. by trying it out and seeing whether it works, by changing (developing) it, .refining it
46. including many of the concepts that schools think only they can teach them
Part IV Reading Comprehension (Reading in Depth)
47 G --- incredibly 48 K --- replace 49 J --- reduced 50 L --- sense
51 H --- powering 52 D --- exceptions 53 E --- expand 54 O --- vast
55 F --- historic 56 I --- protect
57 C --- Its ability to ward off （抗御） disaster is incredible
58 D --- Data for analyzing the cause of the crash
59 D --- The early models often got damaged in the crash
60 B --- To make them easily identifiable
61 A --- There is still a good chance of their being recovered
62. B --- It is based on the concept of positive thinking
63. D --- Encouraging positive thinking may do more harm than good
64. C --- You are pointing out the errors he has committed
65. B --- Forcing a person to think positive thoughts may lower their self-esteem （自尊）
66. C --- Meditation may prove to be a good form of psychotherapy (心理治疗)
C) differ B)via B)used B)lies B)lies
D) selects A) sends in A) visible B) over D) allows
A) after D) insignigicant C) corporations D)only B) later
D) provided D) Besides A) and C) widespread A) acquired
87. concentrating /focusing herself on the experiment
88. did she lose her temper
89. being invited to attend the opening ceremony
90. be installed beside window
91. strong objection /opposition from her parents