34. _D_ before we depart the day after tomorrow， we should have a wonderful dinner party. [Were they to arrive=If they were to arrive]
A Had they arrived B Would they arrive C Were they arriving D Were they to arrive
35. The strong storm did a lot of damage to the coastal villages： several fishing boats were _A_ and many houses collapsed.
A wrecked B spoiled C torn D injured
collapse vi. 倒塌，坍塌; wreck vt. (船只)遭到破坏。
torn原形是tear，n. 眼泪，vt. 撕裂，撕开。
37. As _B_ announced in today’s papers， the Shanghai Export Commodities Fair is also open on Sundays.
A being B is C to be D been
1 which前要有逗号与前面句子分开; 2 which引导非限定性定语从句指的是前面整句话的内容。
38. You see the lightning _A_ it happens， but you hear the thunder later.
A the instant B for an instant C on the instant D in an instant
the instant=as soon as 一…就…
39. The manager lost his _B_ just because his secretary was ten minutes late.
A mood B temper C mind D passion
lose one’s temper 发脾气。