30. Cancer is second only _B_ heart disease as a cause of death.
A of B to C with D from
32. The manager needs an assistant that he can _A_ to take care of problems in his absence. [in his absence 在某人不在场的情况下]
A count on B count in C count up D count out
presence n. 到场，出席; in one’s presence 在某人在场的情况下。
count on=depend on 指望，，依赖; count up 算出总数;
count in 把…算在内; count out 把。..排除在外。
33. The organization had broken no rules， but _A_ had it acted responsibly.
A neither B so C either D both
34. We gave out a cheer when the red roof of the cottage came _D_ view.
A from B in C before D into
come into view 视野，眼帘。 cheer n. 欢呼; cheers 干杯;
cheer-team 拉拉队; cheer-leader 拉拉队长。英语中…干杯用介词to引起。
to your health 你的健康干杯; to friendship友谊干杯。 bottom up 先干了。
35. They took _D_ measures to prevent poisonous gases from escaping.
A fruitful B beneficial C valid D effective
take effective measures 措施。 valid adj. 的，成立的。
36. Doing your homework is a sure way to improve your test scores， and this is especially true _A_ it comes to classroom tests.
A when B since C before D after
sure 做定语时表示“的、稳妥的”。 come to 谈到，提及。
37. Careful surveys have indicated that as many as 50 percent of patients do not take drugs _D_ directed.
A like B so C which D as
drug n. 药品，毒品。 gay adj. 放荡的，快乐的; n. 同性恋者，尤指男性同性恋。
53. I hope all the precautions against air pollution， _D_ suggested by the local government， will be seriously considered here.
A while B since C after D as
precautions n. 防治措施; precautions against 防治…的措施。
after being + 分词，注意：after后面直接加分词。
38. In developing countries people are _C_ into overcrowded cities in great numbers.
A breaking B filling C pouring D hurrying
pour into 涌入，蜂拥而入。 break into 强行闯入。
39. It’s reported that by the end of this month the output of cement in the factory _A_ by about 10%. [output 产量]
A will have risen B has risen C will be rising D has been rising
40. If I had remembered _A_ the window， the thief would not have got in.
A to close B closing C to have closed D having closed
remember to do sth. 记得要做某事但没做。