40. Great as Newton was， many of his ideas _C_ today and are being modified by the work of scientists of our time.
A are to challenge B may be challenged C have been challenged D are challenging
41. Please be careful when you are drinking coffee in case you _D_ the new carpet.
A crash B pollute C spot D stain
pollute vt. 污染; spot n. 地点，场所，斑点，污点;v. 使…上有斑点、污点。
spotted dog 斑点狗。 stain v. 弄脏，玷污，染色。
59. The tomato juice left brown _A_ on the front of my jacket.
A spot B point C track D trace
42. I‘d rather read than watch television; the programs seem _B_ all the time.
A to get worse B to be getting worse C to have got worse D getting worse
all the time ，一直。
43. Convenience foods which are already prepared for cooking are _D_ in grocery stores.
A ready B approachable C probable D available
convenience foods 食品; instant coffee/noodle 速容咖啡/速食面。
ready adj. 好的; approachable adj. 可接近的，平易近人的，亲切的。
probable adj. 的; available adj. 可的，可的，可支配的。
44. When I caught him _A_ I stopped buying things there and started dealing with another shop.
A cheating B cheat C to cheat D to be cheating
45. It is important that enough money _A_ to fund the project.
A be collected B must be collected C was collected D can be collected
46. Some old people don’t like pop songs because they can‘t _C_ so much noise.
A resist B sustain C tolerate D undergo
tolerate vt. 忍受，容忍; undergo vt. 经历，遭受。