1. What _A_ would happen if the director knew you felt that way?
A do you suppose B you suppose C will you suppose D you would suppose
do you supposed 常做插入语。
2. _D_ the advances of science， the discomforts of old age will no doubt always be with us. [despite prep. ; as for 关于，至于]
A As for B Besides C Except D Despite
3. How close parents are to their children _B_ a strong influence on the character of the children.
A have B has C having D to have
influence on 对…，的中形容词用的是strong。
4. He _A_ when the bus came to a sudden stop.
A was almost hurt B was hurt himself C was to hurt himself D was hurting himself
hurt oneself 自残; be to + 动词原形，将要做某事;
5. Jean did not have time to go to the concert last night because she was busy _C_ for her examination.
A to prepare B to be prepared C preparing D being prepared
be busy doing sth. 忙于做某事
6. Five minutes earlier， _A_ we could have caught the last train.
A and B but C or D an order
省略句 + and + 句子; 2. 祈使句 + and + 句子。
7. Turn on the television or open a magazine and you _B_ advertisements showing happy balanced families.
A are often seeing B will often see C often see D have often seen
8. I cannot give you _D_ for the type of car you sell because there is no demand for it in the market.
A an expense B a charge C a purchase D an order
order n. 定购，订单; purchase n. 购买。
9. By the end of this month， we surely _C_ a satisfactory solution to the problem.
A have found B will be finding C will have found D are finding
solution to a problem 问题的解决方案。
10. Mr. Wilson said that he did not want to _A_ any further responsibilities.
A take on B get on C put up D look up
take on 承担; take on responsibility 承担责任。