1. Many people complain of the rapid _C_ of modern life.
A rate B speed C pace D growth
pace 节奏; rapid pace of modern life现在生活快节奏。
2. San Francisco is usually cool in the summer， but Los Angeles _B_.
A is rarely B rarely is C hardly is D is scarcely
rarely， usually 频度副词。通常频度副词的位置在系动词之后，表示实在意思的词前面。
3. The speaker， _D_ for her splendid speeches， was warmly received by the audience.
A having known B being known C knowing D known
know 现在分词;know 用时只能和两个介词搭配：of， about。
known for 以…而著名。
4. I couldn’t find _A_， and so I took this one.
A a large enough coat B an enough large coat
C a large coat enough D a coat enough large
5. I always _B_ what I have said.
A get to B hold to C lead to D see to
hold to 坚守，信守; see to 做，，照料(后面加的某件事情，不加人)
6. No sooner had we reached the top of the hill _C_ we all sat down to rest.
A when B then C than D until
no sooner … than 一…就…
7. Evidence came up _C_ specific speech sounds are recognized by babies as young as 6 months old.
A what B which C that D whose
evidence 证据、sign 迹象、fact 事实，后面都要带同位语从句，且从句用that引导。
8. He moved away from his parents， and missed them _A_ enjoy the exciting life in New York. [too … to，太…而…]
A too much to B enough to C very much to D much so as to
9. He was _C_ of having asked such a silly question.
A sorry B guilty C ashamed D miserable
guilty adj. 有罪的; be ashamed of 因…而羞愧(不好意思)的; miserable adj. 悲惨的。
10. The last time we had a family reunion was _B_ my brother’s wedding ceremony four years ago.
A in B at C during D over
ceremony n. 典礼，仪式。要表达在某典礼(仪式)上用介词at。
at the graduation ceremony 在毕业典礼上。