1. B) To cut students' expenses.
2. C) college facilities could be put to more effective use.
3. A) suppresses creative thinking
4. A) Its students have to earn more credits each year.
5. A) It has been running for several decades.
6. B) More students have Advanced Placement credits.
7. B) Students don't have much time to roam intellectually.
8. the core curriculum
9. stay competitive and relevant
10. bright, motivated students
47.capturing and storing CO2
48. capture and storage
49. put it to new use
50. increase their yield of fruits and vegetables
51. the scale of CO2 emissions
52. A) Its negative effects have long been neglected.
53. D) Goals with financial rewards have strong motivational power.
54. C) They resorted to unethical practice to meet their sales quota.
55. C) Its conclusion is not based on solid scientific evidence.
56. D) Studying goal—setting can throw more light on successful business practices.
57. D) Free market plus government intervention.
58. D) Government regulation hinders economic development.
59. D) Effective measures adopted by the government.
60. C) They give up the idea of smaller government and less regulation.
61. D) Excessive borrowing.