高考英语模拟试题 ( 一 )
1. ——May I put my luggage on the seat beside you, sir?
A. Sure, with pleasure B. Okay, please yourself
C. Well, never mind D. Yes, help yourself
2. While other scientists are keeping__ __eye on changes in the H5N1 bird flu strain, the scientists in England are working on vaccines, in case it becomes highly infectious in __ __humans.
A. a , / B. an, / C. the, an D. an, the
3. Nobody but doctors or nurses and those ___ by Dr Zhang ___ to enter the patient’s room.
A. invited, is allowed B. are invited, are allowed
C. is invited ，is allowed D. invited, are allowed
4. The first thing she did ________up to her trainer and thank him for his help.
A.was going B.was go C.and went D.go
5. An actor can not well play the role without life experience ____ more than a dancer can make a difference without much practice.
A. any B. no C. not D. much
6. --- Is Tom still smoking?
--- No. By next Saturday he _____ for a whole month without smoking a single cigarette.
A. will go B. will have gone C. goes D. has been going
7. I know the man by ____ but I have never spoken to him.
A. chance B. heart C. sight D. experience
8. Shanghai is the first city in the world ____a high-speed maglev train, from the city to Pudong Airport.
A. to build B. to be built C. to have built D. to have been built
9. Experience is believing. If you’d like to know what it ____ like to be a soldier in World War Ⅱ，____ the game “Brothers in Arms: Roads to Hill 30”.
A. would be; try B. was; try C. would be; trying D. was; trying
10. The inspector ____ his fingers over the sheet of newspaper. There were some marks on the surface of the paper.
A. turned B. set C. held D. ran
11.——Is there any hope of saving his life?
——His injuries are extremely serious, but he’s expected to ____.
A. pull in B. pull through C. pull up D. pull over
12. All the task ____ ahead of time, they decided to go on holiday for a week.
A. had been finished B. were finished C. having been finished D. been finished101、13.Doing your homework is a sure way to improve your test scores, and this is especially true ____ it comes to classroom tests.
A. before B. since C. when D. after
14. If you don’t keep the meat in the refrigerator on such a hot day, it may ____.
A. go out B. go away C. go off D. go down
15.——He ought to have been warned of the danger.
——____, but he wouldn’t listen to me.
A. yes, he ought to B. So he was C. So was he D. So it was with him
“Long time no see” is a very interesting sentence. When I first read this sentence from an American friend’s email, I laughed. I thought it was a typical _16__ of Chinglish.
Obviously it is a word-by-word literal translation of the Chinese greetings with a___17____ English grammar and structure! Later on, my friend told me that it is a standard American___18___.I was too thrilled to believe her. Her words could not____19____me at all. So I did a___20____ on Google. Com. To my surprise, there are over 60 thousand web pages____21___ “Long time no see”. This sentence has been ___22____used in emails, letters, newspapers, moves, or any other possible place. Though it is____23____informal, it is part of the language that Americans use daily.___24___ , if you type this phrase in Microsoft Word, the ___25____ will tell you that the grammar needs to be corrected.
Nobody knows the ___26____ of this Chinglish sentence. Some people believe that it came from Charlie Chan’s movies. In 1930s, Hollywood moviemakers successfully___27____a world wide famous Chinese detective named “Charlie Chan” on wide screens. Detective Chan liked to teach Americans some Chinese wisdom____28____quoting (引用) Confucius. “Long time no see” was his trademark. Soon “Long time on see” became a____29____phrase in America___30____ the popularity of these movies.
Some people___31____America to a huge melting pot (熔炉). All kinds of culture are___32___ in the pot together, and they ___33____ the color and taste of each other. American Chinese, though a minority ethnic group in the United States, is also___34____some changes to be___35____in the mixed pot.
16.A.example B. sign C. word D. change
17.A.damaged B. perfected C. learned D. ruined
18.A.custom B. greeting C. habit D. proverb
19.A.persuade B. encourage C. convince D. believe
20.A.job B. research C. survey D. search
21.A.containing B. printing C. publishing D. expressing
22.A.widely B. hardly C. seldom D. search
23.A.lots of B. plenty of C. lots of D. sort of
24.A.Unfortunately B. Luckily C. However D. Suddenly
25.A.hardware B. software C. operator D. speaker
26.A.use B. origin C. expression D. meaning
27.A.created B. published C. did D. discovered
28.A.by B. in C. with D. of
29.A.ordinary B. rare C. modern D. popular
30.A.because B. as to C. thanks to D. but for
31.A.compare B. add C. join D. owe
32.A.joined B. mixed C. compiled D. done
33.A.improve B. change C. lower D. promote
34.A.owing B. putting C. taking D. contributing
35.A.influenced B. mentioned C. used D. considered
    下一页