1. By the time you arrive in London, we _____ in Europe for two weeks.
A. shall stay B. have stayed C. will have stayed D. have been staying
这里是将来完成时,表示对将来事情的假设。等你到伦敦的时候，我们已经在欧洲呆了两星期了 下面是将来完成时的用法： 将来完成时用来表示在将来某一时间以前已经完成或一直持续的动作。经常与before+将来时间或+将来时间连用，也可与before或by the time引导的现在时的从句连用。 1) 构成will / be going to do sth. 2) 概念 a. 状态完成：表示某事继续到将来某一时为止一直有的状态。 b. 动作完成：表示将来某一时或另一个将来的动作之前，已经完成的动作或一获得的经验。 They will have been married for 20 years by then. You will have reached Shanghai by this time tomorrow. 将来完成时的构成 将来完成时的构成是由"shall/will + have +过去分词"构成的。 Before long he will have forgotten all about the matter. 不久他就会全然忘记这件事的。 He is somebody now. He will not have remembered his old classmates. 他现在是一个有身份的人了，他可能不会记得老同学了。 Will you have known Kevin for 10 years next month? 到下个月你认识凯文该有10年了吧？ 将来完成时的用法 ①表示在将来某一时间之前已完成的动作，并往往对将来某一时间产生影响。 We shall have learned 12 units by the end of this term. 到这个学期末，我们将学完12个单元。 By the time you get home I will have cleaned the house from top to bottom. 你到家之前我将把房子彻底打扫一遍。 ②表示推测，相当于"must have done"结构。 You will have heard of this, I guess. 我想你已经听说过这件事了。 I am sure he will have got the information. 我相信他一定得到了这个信息。
2. I appreciated ____ the opportunity to study abroad two years ago.
A. having been given B. having given C. to have been given D. to have given
3. Living in the central Australian desert has its problems, _____ obtaining water is not the least.
A. of which B. for what C. as D. whose
4. The heart is ____ intelligent than the stomach, for they are both controlled by the brain.
A. not so B. not much C. much more d. no more
5. _____ the fact that his initial(开始的)experiments had failed, Pro. White persisted (坚持) in his research.
A. Because of B. As to C. In spite of D. In views of
6. The millions of calculations(计算) involved, had they been don't by hand, _____ all practical value by the time they were finished.
A. could lose B. would have lost C. might lose D. ought to have lost
这是一个省略倒装句，而且是虚拟。“had they been”应该是“if they had been",因为虚拟，所以必须用倒装，所以if也在这里被省略，使句子简洁。补：其中"had they been"中的"they"应该是The millions of calculations 的同位语
7. No bread eaten by man is so sweet as _____ earned by his own labour.
A. one B. that C. such D. what
8. It isn't cold enough for there _____ a frost tonight, so I can leave Jim's car out quite safely.
A. would be B. being C. was D. to be
9. Tom assured (向……保证) his boss that he would _____ all his energies in doing this new job.
A. call forth B. call at C. call on D. call off
10. More than two hundred years ago the United States _____ from the British Empire and became an independent country.
A. got off B. pulled down C. broke away D. dropped off
11. As your instructor(教师) advised, you ought to spend your time on something ____ researching into.
A. precious B. worth C. worthy D. valuable
12. Without the friction (摩擦力) between feet and the ground, people would ____ be able to walk. A. in no time B. by all means C. in no way D. on any account
13. We are taught that a business letter should be written in a formal style _____ in a personal one.
A. rather than B. other than C. better than D. less than
14. ______ is generally accepted, economical growth is determined by the smooth development of production.
A. What B. That C. It D. As
15. John complained to the bookseller that there were several pages ____ in the dictionary.
A. missing B. losing C. dropping D. leaking
16. Do you enjoy listening to records? I find records are often ____ or better than an actual performance.
A. as good as B. as good C. good D. good as
17. The article opens and closes with descriptions of two news reports, each _____ one major point in contrast with (和……相比) the other.
A. makes B. made C. is to make D. making
18. The number of registered participants in this year's marathon was half _____.
A. of last year's B. those of last year's C. of those of last year. D. that of last year's
19. I was speaking to Ann on the phone when suddenly we were _____.
A. hung up B. hung back C. cut down D. cut off
20. She wondered if she could have the opportunity to spend ____ here so that she could learn more about the city.
A. sometimes B. some time C. sometime D. some times.
21. Christmas is a Christian holy day usually celebrated on December 25th ____ the birth of Jesus Christ.
A. in accordance with B. in terms of C. in favor of D. in honor of
22. The Social Security Retirement Program is made up of two trust funds(基金,资金), ____could go penniless by next year.
A. the larger one B. the larger of which C. the largest one D. the largest of which
23. I would have gone to visit him in the hospital had it been at all possible, but I ____ fully occupied the whole of last week.
A. were B. had been C. have been D. was
24. When workers are organized in trade unions, employers find it hard to lay them _____.
A. off B. aside C. out D. down
25. I can't _____ what has happened to the vegetables, for they were freshly picked this morning.
A. figure out B. draw out C. look out D. work out.
26. I worked so late in the office last night that I hardly had time ____ the last bus.
A. to have caught B. to catch C. catching D. having caught
27. As it turned out to be a small house party, we ____ so formally(正式地).
A. needn't dress up B. did not need have dressed up
C. did not need dress up D. needn't have dressed up
28. I apologize if I ____ you, but I assure you it was unintentional(无意的).
A. offend(冒犯) B. had offended C. should have offended D. might have offended.
29. Marlin is a young man of independent thinking who is not about ____ compliments to his political leaders.
A. paying B. having paid C. to pay D. to have paid
30. Although a teenager, Fred could resist _____ what to do and what not to do.
A. to be told B. having been told C. being told D. to have been told
31. _____ for the timely investment from the general public, our company would not be so thriving(兴旺的) as it is.
A. Had it not been B. Were it not C. Be it not D. Should it not be
32. There were many people present and he appeared only for a few seconds, so I only caught a _____ of him.
A. glance B. glimpse C. look D. sight
33. I'm very glad to know that my boss has generously agreed to _____ my debt in return for certain services.
A. take away B. cut out C. write off D. clear up
34. Smoking is so harmful to personal health that it kills ___ people each year than automobile accidents.
A. seven more times B. seven times more C. over seven times D. seven times
35. This is an exciting area of study, and one ____ which new applications are being discovered almost daily.
A. from B. by C. in D. through
36. As I'll be away for at least a year, I'd appreciate ____ from you now and thentelling me how everyone is getting along.
A hearing B. to hear C. to be hearing D. having heard
37. Greatly agitated(激动的), I rushed to the apartment and tried the, ____ to find it locked.
A. just B. only C. hence D. thus
38. If I were in a movie, then it would be about time that I ___ my head in my hands for a cry.
A. bury B. am burying C. buried D. would bury
39. According to one belief, if truth is to be known it will make itself apparent, so one ____ wait instead of searching for it.
A. would rather B. had to C. cannot but D. had best
40. So involved with their computers _____ that leaders at summer computer camps often have to force them to break for sports and games.
A. became the children B. become the children
C. had the children become D. do the children become
41. One of the requirements for a fire is that the material ____ to its burning temperature.
A. is heated B. will be heated C. be heated D. would be heated
42. Why this otherwise excellent newspaper allows such an article to be printed is ___ me.
A. above B. outside C. beside D. beyond
43. This book will show the readers ___ can be used in other contexts.
A. how that they have observed B. that how they have observed
C. how what they have observed D. that they have observed
44. _____ your opinions are worth considering, the committee finds it unwise to place too much importance on them.
A. As B. Since C. Provided D. While
45. _____ the claim about German economic might, it is somewhat surprising how relatively small the German economy actually is.
A. To give B. Given C. Giving D. Having given
46. Rebecca______ me earlier if she did not like her house she bought last month.
A. told B. would tell C. had told D. would have told
47. The world's greatest sporting event, the Olympic Games, upholds the amateur that _____ matters is not winning but participating.
A. anything B. it C. what D. everything
48. It has been estimated(估计) that the earth's surface temperature has increased _____ sone quarter to three quarters of a degree since 1850.
A. to B. by C. at D. with
49. Iceland lies far north in the Atlantic, with its northern most tip actually ____ the Arctic Circle(北极圈).
A. touched B. touches C. touching D. being touched
50. Colin married my sister and I married his brother, _____ makes Colin and me double in-laws.
A. what B. which C. that D. it
51. _____ I admit that there are problems, I don't' think that they cannot be solved.
A. Unless B. Until C. As D. While
52. The place is an ideal site for a university ______ it is far from the downtown area.
A. provided that B. now that C. so that D. in that
53. He thought he could talk Mr. Robinson _____ buying some expensive equipment.
A. on B. of C. round D. into
54. Today the public is much concerned about the way ____.
A. nature is being ruined B. which nature is ruined
C. on which to ruin nature D. of nature to be ruined
55. When I said goodbye to her, she _____ the door.
A. saw me at B. set me off C. sent me to D. showed me to
56. In the meantime, the question facing business is whether such research is ____ the costs.
A. worth B. worth of C. worthy D. worthwhile
57. The _____ runner can run 2 miles in fifteen minutes.
A. common B. usual C. average D. general
58. David likes country life and has decided to ______ farming.
A. go in for B. go back on C. go through with D. go along with
59. We should be able to do the job for you quickly, ____ you give us all the necessary information.
A. in case B. provided that C. or else D. as if
60. The detective and his assistant have begun to ____ the mysterious murder.
A. look into B. see to C. make over D. come through
1-5 CAADC 6-10 BBDAC 11-15 BCADA 16-20ADDDB
21-25DBBAA 26-30BDBCC 31-35 ABCBC 36-40 ABCDD
41-45 CDCDB 46-50 DCBCB 51-55 DDDAD 56-60 ACABA