1. 我们的城市多美啊! (how)
2. 这张照片使你想起了什么? (remind)
3. 你最好马上就走, 否则要迟到了。(had better)
4. 她花了大半辈子的时间来照顾残疾人。(spend. . . doing)
5. 如果明天有空, 我们就去看巩俐演的那部新片。
Nowadays more and more people in the world are getting fatter, which troubles them a lot. In the past 25 years, the number of the people with obesity (肥胖症) in Europe has doubled. Experts say that it has a lot to do with our eating habits.
Our eating habits are very important for good health and a strong body. Most of us like eating sweets and ice cream better than meat and rice. Sweets and ice cream are not bad for us if we eat them at the end of a meal.
If we eat them before a meal, they may take away our appetite (食欲).
It’s important for us to eat our meal at the same time each day. When we feel worried or excited, we may not want to eat. A long time ago, in England, some judges often decided whether a man was telling the truth by giving him some dry bread. If the man could not swallow (呑) the bread, it meant that he wasn’t telling the truth. A man who is worrying something has difficulty in swallowing anything dry, because he loses his appetite.
1. Are more and more people getting fatter in the world?
2. Do most people like eating sweets or meat?
3. What may happen to people when they feel worried or excited?
4. Why did the judges give some dry bread to the man in old England?
5. What are good eating habits?
Keys: 1. How beautiful our city is!
2. What does/ did this photo/picture remind you of?
3. You’d better go at once/right away, or you’ll be late.
4. She (has) spent most of her life (time) (in) caring for/looking after/taking care of the disabled (people).
5. If we are free/have time tomorrow, we will go to (the cinema to) see the new film starring Gong Li.
Keys: 1. Yes.
3. They may not want to eat. /They may not feel like eating.
4. Because they wanted to know if /whether he was telling the truth. / They did that to judge if/ whether he was telling the truth.
5. Eating meals at the same time and eating sweets and ice cream at the end of meals (are good eating habits).