1. The rain has stopped _________ (完全地).
2. Eric is so _________ (有礼貌的)! he holds the door open for others.
3. Sandy has lots of _________ (业余爱好).
4. They _________ (聊天) until Amy came up the stairs.
5. She has a problem and she wants to know how to _________ (解决) it.
Waste can be seen everywhere in the school. Some students ask for more food than they can eat and others often forget to turn off the lights when they leave the classroom. They say they can afford these things. But I don’t agree with them.
Waste can bring a lot of problems. Although China is rich in some resources (资源), we are short of (缺乏) others, for example, fresh water. It is reported that we will have no coal (煤) or oil to use in 100 years. So if we go on wasting our resources, what can we use in the future and where can we move? Think about it. I think we should say no to the students who waste things every day. Everybody should stop wasting as soon as possible.
In our everyday life, we can do many things to prevent waste from happening, for example, turn off the water taps (水龙头) when we finish washing, turn off the lights when we leave the classroom, try not to order more food than we need, and so on. Little by little, everything will be changed. Waste can be stopped one day, if we do our best.
1. From the passage we know that some students often _______in the school.
A. eat too much B. don’t work hard C. waste things
2. Which is not mentioned (提及) in this passage?
A. Fresh water. B. Forest. C. Coal.
3. What may happen in 100 years?
A. We may still have enough oil and coal.
B. We may have no coal or oil to use.
C. We may have a little oil.
4 Which of the following is right?
A. Waste brings problems.
B. China is rich in fresh water.
C. Students never waste things.
5. Which is the best title of this passage?
A. Stop Wasting B. School Life C. Waste in the School
Keys: 1. completely 2. polite 3. hobbies 4. chatted 5. solve
Waste can be seen everywhere in the school. 我们就知道是关于校园的浪费现象来展开的。第一题就可以做选择了，选C. waste things。
2.原题是 Which is not mentioned (提及) in this passage?文中没有提及什么？我们在第二段看到有
A. Fresh water.C. Coal.，答案自然就是B. Forest. 没有提及。
3. 原题是What may happen in 100 years?从文中找100这个数字比较显眼也很快，在第二段we will have no coal (煤) or oil to use in 100 years.，所以就是指B. We may have no coal or oil to use.
4 原题是Which of the following is right?，我们要看看每个选项，B. China is rich in fresh water.这个错误，在第二段有 原文we are short of others, for example, fresh water。而C. Students never waste things.一看就是错误的，所以选择A. Waste brings problems.
5. 原题是Which is the best title of this passage?文章的结构是：提出问题：浪费，-------分析现实，浪费有害------倡导杜绝浪费，作者提出校园浪费就是为了这个倡导不要浪费的目的。选A。