( ) 1. A. winter B. autumn C. summer D. cool
( ) 2. A. fever B. stomachache C. headache D. medicine
( ) 3. A. guess B. light C. water D. soil
( ) 4. A. one B. two C. third D. four
( ) 5. A. driver B. doctor C. nurse D. dentist
I will always remember my mother’s last few days in this world.
On February 14th, 2000, my class went on a field trip to the beach. I had so much fun. When we returned to school, my teacher told me to go to the headmaster’s office. When I got into the office, I saw a police office. Suddenly I realized something was wrong. The police office told me what had happened and we went to pick my sister up. After that, we went to the hospital and waited. Time went slowly. Finally, we got to see our mother. It was terrible.
On the next day, the headmaster came and told my two teachers what had happened. I was taking a rest that day. I knew it had something to do with my mother. I kept thinking that she either died or had gotten better. How I wished that she had gotten better. When my teacher took me outside, my sister ran up to me. She started crying, “She’s gone. Teresa, mommy’s gone. She’s dead.” I couldn’t believe it. We jumped into the car and drove straight to the hospital. Most of my family were there. The silence was terrible. I knew I had to say goodbye.
Today when I look back, I still miss my mother very much, but I know that I will live. My mother was a strong mother, who had the biggest heart. My mother was an angel walking on the earth. I will always remember her as living. When someone is asked who their hero (英雄) is, they usually say someone famous, like Michael Jordan or Britney Spears. When someone asks me who my hero is, I tell them, my mother. My mother lives every day. That is what makes her a true hero.
1. Where was the writer when she learned her mother was very ill?
A. On the beach. B. At the hospital. C. At school. D. At home.
2. Who brought the writer the bad news that her mother was ill?
A. Her sister. B. The headmaster. C. Her teacher. D. The police officers.
3. What did the headmaster tell the two teachers on the next day?
A. Her mother had been very ill. B. Her mother had been dead.
C. Her mother had gotten better. D. Her sister came to see her.
4. From the last paragraph of the passage we know that ______.
A. the writer is afraid of her mother B. the writer is proud of her mother
C. the writer feels sad about her mother D. the writer feels sorry for her mother
5. The writer must think her mother is a ______ woman.
A. famous B. free C. rich D. great
1.A. B. C. 是季节，D. cool 指凉爽。
1，问题是作者从在哪里知道妈妈生病？在文章第二段：原文是 When we returned to school···· The police office told me what had happened and we ·····，所以答案是 C. At school.
2. 问题是谁告诉我妈妈生病的消息，其实在第1题已经提到The police office told me what had
happened····。所以答案是D. The police officers.。
3. 问题是What did the headmaster tell the two teachers ?
定位到文章的第三段，原文是the headmaster came and told my two teachers what had happened. ·····mommy’s gone. She’s dead，我们通读完第三段就可以知道是妈妈去世了。选B。
4. 问题是From the last paragraph of the passage we know that ______.那好，就来看看最后一段，ABCD四个选项也就是围绕作者对妈妈是什么感情， 是afraid，proud ，sad，sorry 中的哪一个？最后一段，全都是对妈妈的肯定和夸奖，所以是B. the writer is proud of her mother。
5. 问题是The writer must think her mother is a ______ woman.这和第4 意思意义的，认为妈妈是伟大的人，所以是D. great 。