Two days ago, Bob 1 a letter from his girlfriend, Mary. She wrote, "I will leave Beijing for London at ten on June 3rd. Please meet me at the 2 ."
Now Bob was standing at the airport and 3 some flowers. He was 4 because Mary's plane was three hours late, but 5 knew why. Bob walked over to the bar at the airport and had a drink. He walked back to the gate. There was still 6 news. He walked back to the bar and had 7 drink.
8 , Mary's plane landed and the people on the plane started coming out. Bob smiled and 9 Mary. After a time he stopped 10 because the last one from the plane was not Mary.
Bob said to himself, " 11 luck! What 12 ?" He went over to the information desk. "My name is Bob Waston." he said, "Have you got any message 13 me?"
"Yes." said the girl standing there, "A telephone message from 14 ." With these words, she handed him a piece of paper. "Mr. Bob Waston, London Airport. Sorry, I'll return next Sunday."
Bob thanked the girl at the airport, gave the 15 to her and said good-bye.
1. A. hear B. heard C. got D. receives
2. A. Beijing B. airport C. London D. bar
3. A. hold B. holds C. to hold D. holding
4. A. worried B. pleased C. surprised D. angry
5. A. nobody B. anybody C. somebody D. everybody
6. A. some B. good C. no D. a piece of
7. A. other B. others C. the other D. another
8. A. Two hours late B. Two hours later C. Two hours over D. Two hours after
9. A. looked for B. looked up C. looked at D. looked after
10. A. smile B. to smile C. smiled D. smiling
11. A. Good B. Bad C. Happy D. Nice
12. A. has happened to her B. was happened to her C. did she happen D. was she happened
13. A. about B. with C. for D. at
14. A. Australia B. America C. England D. China
15. A tickets B. flowers C. news D. papers
1-5. CBD AA
6-10. CD B A D
11-15. BAC DB