Ten-year-old Johnny was one of the laziest boys in his class. His homework was always 26 and it was usually wrong. He only did half the number of math problems 27 the other children did and in his compositions he 28 half the number of words. And usually the words were 29 spelled because he was too lazy to use a 30 .
One day his class went on a bus trip. The 31 did not want to take Johnny with them. But there was no one to look after Johnny at the school so she had to take 32 . “Now, children,” the teacher said, “On our bus trip we will 33 old buildings, some beautiful countryside, and many other things. I want you to write about 34 interesting you see on the trip.” The bus trip 35 . The children looked out of the windows at all the interesting things. They took notes 36 their notebooks. The teacher was very 37 with them.Then she saw Johnny 38 on the floor of the bus and went up to him.
"Are you 39 ?" she asked him.
"No." he said.
"Then 40 are you lying on the floor?"
"If I can't see anything," he said, "I can't write about it, can I?"
26. A. late B. early C. good D. fine
27. A. that B. who C. what D. whom
28. A. learned B. made C. wrote D. read
29. A. badly B. well C. correctly D. nicely
30. A. radio B. pen C. library D.dictionary
31. A. driver B. mother C. father D. teacher
32. A. him B. himself C. his D. he
33. A. hear B. listen to C. see D. feel
34. A. nothing B. something C. nobody D. everybody
35. A. ended B. began C. finished D. closed
36. A. over B. by C. in D. at
37. A. angry B. pleased C. patient D. careful
38. A. standing B. sitting C. eating D. lying
39. A. busy B. sick C. happy D. glad
40. A. where B. what C. how D. why