There were no classes that afternoon, so Henry went to a __1__ shop near his home. The shop sold many jackets. He looked __2__ them and at last chose a very nice one. He __3__ it on and then told the shopkeeper to put it into a __4__. At that time his friend Bruce came into the shop. They hadn't seen each other for a long time. They were so __5__ to meet again that they forgot __6__ else. Soon they were busy talking on and on happily.
It was nearly six o'clock, __7__ they decided to go and have dinner together. Henry picked up the bag, and walked __8__ the door of the shop. The shopkeeper stopped them and asked Henry to pay for the __9__. Henry looked at him in surprise at first, but soon he remember that he hadn't paid for it. He said __10__ ,gave him the money and them left the shop with his friend.
1. A. fruit B. book C. food D. clothing
2. A. up B. for C. after D. at
3. A. put B. tried C. got D. turned
4. A. bag B. cup C. car D. pocket
5. A. worried B. interested C. pleased D. anxious
6. A. nobody B. anybody C. something D. everything
7. A. though B. so C. because D. but
8. A. towards B. through C. out of D. round
9. A. dinner B. bag C. jacket D. ticket
10. A. goodbye B. yes C. hello D. sorry
KEY: 1. D 2. B 3. B 4. A 5. C 6. D 7. B 8. A 9. C 10. D
Miss Zhao is one of the most popular teachers in the school. Yesterday she came into the 1
With a big smile on her face. She said to her 2 that she was 3 to see they did well in the sports meeting. But 4 was not pleased to see the classroom last Saturday not as 5 as usual. She hoped they would clean the classroom every day.
Wei Hua was on 6 yesterday. She said everyone was at 7 except Lin Tao. Then she told Miss Zhao about their 8 to the Great Wall last Sunday. Luckily the weather was 9 . They played games and had a picnic there. After Wei Hua 10 her talk, Miss Zhao began her lesson.
1. A. shop B. classroom C. park D. office
2. A. students B. teachers C. workers D. doctors
3. A. angry B. sorry C. glad D. sad
4. A. she B. I C. we D. he
5.A.dark B. old C. large D. clean
6. A. time B. duty C. foot D. to
7. A. home B. noon C. night D. school
8. A. visit B. music C. clock D. football
9. A. bad B. fine C. rainy D. windy
10. A. started B. had C. finished D. gave
Key：1. B 2. A 3. B 4. A 5. D 6. B 7. D 8. A 9.B 10.C
Mr White works in an office. He liked reading in bed when he was at school. It was bad for his 1 and now he has near sight ( 近视 ). But he wouldn’t want 2 to know about it and he never wears a pair of glasses. It often 3 him some trouble.
One winter morning he was sent to a village school on business (出差 ). He 4 a bus at a stop in a small town. Then he had to walk there. The road to the village wasn’t smooth (平坦). He fell over some times and it 5 his clothes dirty. 6 he got to the village. Suddenly it began to blow and it got colder. He was looking for the school while his 7 was blown off. He began to run after it but he couldn’t get it. He couldn’t understand why his hat ran into a house as if (似乎 ) it had 8 . And he ran into the house, 9 .
A woman stopped him and shouted angrily, “ 10 are you running after my hen (母鸡 )for?”
1. A. ears B. nose C. mouth D. eyes
2. A. anybody else B. nobody C. woman D. somebody
3. A. follows B. takes C. brings D. carries
4. A. took off B. got off C. got on D. came on
5. A. let B. made C. gave D. felt
6. A. At first B. At home C. At times D. At last
7. A. clothes B. bag C. hat D. glasses
8. A. legs B. hands C. shoes D. arms
9. A. always B. also C. either D. too
10. A. What B. Why C. Which D. Who
Key: 1. D 2. A 3. C 4. B 5. B 6. D 7. C 8. A 9. D 10. A