名词当然是大家都很熟悉的了,我们吃的food,喝的drinks,穿的clothes 都是名词.It is easy, right? 但是你可能被名词的单复数变化、名词作定语以及名词所有格等问题搞得糊里糊涂的,到底该怎么用呢?OK,follow me.
a. class, box, watch, brush等词以 s, x, ch, sh, 结尾,复数要加-es;
b. story, factory 等以"辅音字母+y"结尾的词复数要先将-y 变成-i再加-es;
c. knife, wife, life等以-f 或-fe结尾的词一般先将-f或-fe变为-v, 再加-es;
d. 以-o结尾的名词,一般来说,末尾是"元音字母+o" 的词加-s,我们学过的有radio,zoo.末尾是"辅音字母+o"的词,变复数加-es.如:tomato, hero, potato,当然其中的piano 和photo,又是一个例外,他们的结尾只能加-s.
e. child(children), foot(feet), tooth(teeth), mouse(mice), man(men ), woman(women )等词的复数变化全不遵循规则.
注意:与man 和woman构成的合成词,其复数形式也是 -men 和-women.如:an Englishman,two Englishmen. 但German不是合成词,故复数形式为 Germans;
f. deer,sheep等词更是懒得可以,竟然单复数同形.好记好记. people,police,cattle 等词,以单数形式出现,但实为复数,所以它们的谓语当然也是复数形式,这就是集体名词.the English,the French,the Chinese等名词表示国民总称时,也作复数用.
注意:maths,politics,physics等学科名词,虽然以-s结尾,仍为不可数名词.还有theUnited States(美国),the United Nations(联合国)等应视为单数.
a. man, woman等作定语时,它的单复数以其所修饰的名词的单复数而定.如:men workers, women teachers.
b. 数词+名词作定语时,这个名词一般保留单数形式,中间加连字符.如:a ten-mile walk十里路,two-hundred trees 两百棵树.
表示"……的"通常是在名词的后面加-s,如:Children's day,father's shoes.但以-s结尾的名词因为已经有s了,只需加 ' 就OK了.如果两个名词并列,并且分别有's,.则表示"分别有"..如:John's and Mary's room(约翰和玛丽各有一间,共两间);两个名词并列,只有一个's,则表示"共有".如:John and Mary's room(约翰和玛丽共有一间).
还有些无生命名词的所属要用介词of来帮助一下,如:a map of China,the end of this term.
好,名词部分我们已经学完,It's a piece of cake? 接下来到了我们趁热打铁的时间了,
Are you ready?
1. All the _____teachers and______students are having a meeting there.
A. women …girls
B. women… girl
2. Mr Black is a friend of
A. Jack's aunt's
B. Jack's aunt
C. Jack aunt's
D. aunt's of Jack
3. This toy was made by a ____ boy.
4. The farmer raised ten
5. She looked at us sadly with her eyes as large as_
A. her grandmother
B. her grandmother's
C. her grandmothers'
D. that of her grandmother
6. We have moved into a
A. two- storey house
B. house of two storey
C. two-storeys house
D. two storeys house
7. The ______ was too much for the child to carry.
A. box's steel
B. box of a steel
C. steel box
D. box of the steel
8. We'll give our English teacher a card for
A. the Teacher's Day
B. Teacher's Day
C. a Teacher's Day
D. Teachers' Day
9. Li Ping met an old friend of _______on a train yesterday.
10.are big and bright.
A. The classroom window
B. The window of the classroom
C. The windows of the classroom
D. The classroom's windows
1. Don't worry. Your son will come back in ______hour.
2. This nice blouse isn't mine. It's ______.
3. What's " potato" in Chinese? -It's _____ .
4. The ninth month of a year is
5. A: Must I leave now?
B: No, you
6. We have a history lesson ______Wednesday afternoon.
7. Suan has made quite ______friends since she came to China.
B. a few
D. a little
8. A: Have you ever ______to the West Lake?
B: Yes, I ______there last winter.
A. gone, went
B. been, went
C. gone , have been
D. been, have
9. Do you ________English?
10. A: May I _______your ruler?
B: OK, I'm glad to _______it to you.
A. lend, borrow
B. lend, lend
C. borrow , lend
D. borrow, borrow
11. We'll go to the museum if it _______tomorrow.
A. can't rain
B. won't rain
C. don't rain
D. doesn't rian
12. Do you know
A. where does he study
B. he studies where
C. where he studies
D. he where studies
13. A:do you go to see your grandparents?
B: Once a month
A. How often
B. How long
C. how much
D. how many
14. A: Would you like another cup of orange?
B: ______I'm full.
A. No, thanks
B. Yes, please.
C. Here it is.
D. I don't like.
15. You must be tired. Why not ________a rest?
A. to stop to have
B. stop having
C. stop to have
D. to stop having
代词中第一个"小个性"就是物主代词.像my和mine这两个小冤家总是让人分不清谁是谁.但你只要记住它们最重要的区别—my的后面一定要接名词,不可以单独出现,只能做定语,如:my father;而mine则是名词性,只能单独出现,在句中做主语和表语.如:Mine is green. It's mine. 记住这两个句子,凡是名词性物主代词(yours, hers, his, its, ours, theirs)就都可以放在mine的位置上了.这样,通过它们出现的位置不同,我们就可以把它们区别开了.
代词的第二个"罗嗦"就是它有一个小跟班-self(selves)—反身代词,也就是表示"自己、亲自"的意思.关于反身代词,需要注意的是她不能单独做主语,但可以放在人称代词后面,做同位语. 如:Marry herself said so. 玛丽她自己这么说的.(不能说Herself said so.)下面我给你开点小灶,单独讲一讲须"特特"注意的地方.
Of+名词性物主代词:of +物主代词构成双重所有格.公式为:a(an, this, that )+名词+of +名词性物主代词.牢记公式,举一反三.因为物主代词不可与 a, an, this, that, these, those, some, any, no, each,every, such, another等词一起前置,修饰一个名词,而必须用双重所有格.如: a friend of mine(我的一个朋友),each brother of his(他的每一个兄弟).
some, any的用法:我们都知道some用于肯定句中,而any则用于否定句和疑问句中. 所以somebody,someone也用于肯定句中,而anybody、anyone则用于否定和疑问句中.
注意:在Would youlike some coffee?(要来点咖啡吗?)这样的肯定疑问句中,说话人认为对方的答案会是肯定的,或期望得到肯定回答时,用some而不用any.
every 和each的用法:every 强调全体的概念,指三个以上的人或物(含三个),不可单独使用;each强调个体概念.指两个以上的人或物 (含两个),可单独使用..Every student in our school works hard.(我们学校的学生都很用功.) Each student may have one book.. (每个学生都可有一本书.)
both, either, neither的用法:
both意为"两者全都",与复数连用.either意为"两者中间的任何一个",neither 表示"两者之间一个也不是",与单数连用.如:Both of the them come from London.他们两人都是伦敦人. You may take either with you. 两个中间你随便带哪个都行. Neither is correct. 两个都不对.
Few,a few和little,a little的用法:
Few,a few用来代替和修饰可数名词,little,a little用来代替和修饰不可数名词;a few和a little 着重肯定意思,相当于汉语"有几个","有一点儿";few和little 着重否定意思,相当于汉语 "没有几个","没有多少"
OK,代词部分我们已经学完,It's a piece of cake? 接下来到了我们趁热打铁的时间了,
Are you ready?
1. We had plenty of paper but______ink.
A. a few
C. not many
D. not much
2. Learning a foreign language is especially difficult for those who have have never learned ______before.
3. We're very busy because we've so ______books to read and so _______homework to do every day.
A. much ... many
B. many ... much
C. many ... a lot
D. a lot ... much
4. I thought ______of the matter but still couldn't find out the reason.
5. My car is not so expensive as
6. Lily and Lucy have arrived,but _______students aren't here yet.
C. the other
D. the others
7. There are high buildings on ______side of the street.
8. -What do you usually have for breakfast?
-______eggs and ______milk.
A Little ... a few
B. A little ... a little
C. A few ... a little
D. A few ... a few
9.is difficult in the world if you put your heart into it.
10. Is this story the same as ______in that book?
A. the one
1. There is old woman in the car.
2. We often go to the park _______Sundays.
3. My book ________on the desk.
4. Which language is English, French or Chinese?
B. the difficult
C. more difficult
D. the most difficult
5.book is this?
6.-Can you write a letter in English?
-No, I _____.
A. may not
7. I ________my homework when Mike came last night.
B. was doing
C. am doing
D. have done
8. He began to ________English three years ago.
9. Jim is a driver,he?
B. doesn't转载请著名来自:(hTTP://wWW.TtxYy.Com 主题班会)
10. "What's wrong you?" the doctor asked.
11. He is rich,he isn't happy.
12.-Where is Alice?
-She to the library.
B. will go
C. has gone
D. had gone
13. "Help to some fish, Mary." My aunt said to me.
14. We'll stay at home if it ________tomorrow.
C. is raining
D. will rain
15. The students on a farm for ten days. Then they_to a factory.
Though they_______back school, they still remember those farmers and workers.
A. have stayed, went , was
B. had stayed, go , are
C. have stayed, go, have been